Ongoing prayer and worship altars sustain the transformation
We see the Kingdom come every day only because we pray – in unity and corporately – every day. The House of Prayer in Gulu, Uganda, is the physical place and ministry team that supports all of Favor’s operations in Uganda, and our House of Prayer in Juba, South Sudan, supports these operations. A third House of Prayer in Yei, South Sudan, is planned for a facility gifted in this southwestern regional hub.
The House of Prayer ministry team fulfills a wide range of community and staff functions:
- Leads noon hour prayer for the whole city from 12-2 every weekday.
- Leads evening and event prayer, healing, and teaching services for the community.
- Provides a neutral ground for guest speakers from near and far to address the body of Christ.
- Provides a 24/7 prayer and discipleship covering for new believers, especially those leaving the occult or other physical threats.
- Serves the whole Favor staff with worship and morning devotions every weekday (a requirement for all who are not serving in the field that morning).
- Launches local outreaches to the hospitals and prisons, and crusades to rural areas prior to Portable Bible Schools.
- Coordinates pastors’ fellowships, government trainings, and other community unity initiatives.
- Launches large-scale prayer mobilization events like public all night prayer, National Prayer Gatherings, and more.
- Develops leaders’ gifts in ministry, from preaching to administration to worship in a corporate anointing serving the front lines daily.
Hundreds Gather Daily
Through these activities and more, hundreds of believers from communities near and far to speak with and hear from God. The Word of God is preached by many different voices, and the community applies the Word together. God frequently brings miracles and answers prayers very specifically. Many people discover Jesus’ love for the first time in these houses of prayer in Gulu and Juba, and more from the outreaches that are operated from them.